X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SketchUp licence problem

My laptop crashed and I now have a desktop computer, I cannot load my SU Pro 8, which I bought last year. I have all the details!

I loaded SU8 pro, and it doesn't want to load the licence, I used up the free time now i'm f-d.

I went through the SU online help to no avail & you cannot contact them.

Any idea what to do, short of buying another SU8 .............

any solution to this @koos ?

Comment

Did you buy it direct from Google or from your local Authorized Reseller?

Comment

If you still have all the license details, make sure you have downloaded the latest SketchUp Pro 8 (if it was 8 you bought). They are not cross platform compatible (i.e., mac vs pc). Make sure you COPY and PASTE each field rather than typing it out yourself. Make sure there are no spaces before or after each field. These are the most common problems.

Comment

Got sorted out thanks

Problem was I got it from google, I got a site where I could email a querie, they came back a day or two later...
          So I'm back on - was sweating for a while

Comment

Koos,

You can always come to me with these sort of problems. We are a distributer for SketchUp and can often reply quicker than the publishers.

Paul

Comment

A new license problem with SketchUp Pro 2013 and the Network License.

Previously with SU8, if the number seats exceeded you automatically switched to the free version.
              With SU2013, if the number seats exceed, it can't be started !!!

We are 10 user's and, with SU8, we just needed 2 pro network licenses. Other users just hadn't the possibility to import any DWG's or 3DS's files but could open the free version and continue to model.

Now, we've upgrade our 2 pro network license seats from SU8 to SU2013 and...
              Except the 2 first users connected, 8 other users are blocked and can't work anymore.
              In th same time, SU2013 refuse to install the Pro and the Make version on the same computer.
              Does anybody have an idea to solve the problem? I personnally refuse to pay 8 more pro license so that we juste use the free part of the software.

Comment

That's a shame. I hope there is an answer to this as that was always a lovely part of the software - it was smart enough to know who was using the pro version...

Comment

Working...
                X