X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SketchBoard

hi there, may I add my software, SketchBoard, to your opensource list.

http://sketchboard.sourceforge.net

Comment

Wings3d is absolutely brilliant. Once your used to it's interface (context menus are everything) there's no faster, more elegant way to model organic shapes.

I just learned that Xara has released an open-source build. My favorite vector drawing prog when I was on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by arv
        Here is a list of Best ofs Freeware
        a lot of that isn't open source, nor is most of it related to architecture...

Comment

I gather you are a mac user , anyone have experience on Linux ?

Comment

Originally posted by naught101
            a lot of that isn't open source, nor is most of it related to architecture...
            Didn't say it was . I said it was freeware. I know there is a huge difference between the two but since I came across this link I put it where it would be used by someone looking into open source /free software.

Comment

CAD & 3d FREE SOFTWARE

http://freeware.intrastar.net/cadsoftware.htm Lots of architectural freeware as for your reference here.

http://www.click4links.com/ some free add on for CAD here.

However, it takes efford and time to learn and master the programs, and realizing which program is the best freeware is even more trecherous, I would hire a person to do that and make it into a thesis that would sell....
              Last edited by youngpong; 20-03-2006, 02:00.

Comment

Ultimate 3D links

Ultimate 3D Links (shareware / freeware)
                You can't find better list ! :peace:
                This site is an Ali Baba's cavern

Comment

this is not a freeware thread

why is everyone posting freeware?
                  this isn't about freeware

Arv: I'm a PC user, if you were refering to me. mac's branding andeconomic policies scare me.

and if you want a good list of OPEN SOURCE software, where better to find it than the opensource encyclopedia?
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tware_packages < all software
                  although there appears to be a stupid amount of freeware creeping in to that list as well..

ned

Comment

Originally posted by JOEL
                    hi there, may I add my software, SketchBoard, to your opensource list.

http://sketchboard.sourceforge.net
                    hey, that looks pretty good, I'm gonna check it out.

cheers for the time spent designing and coding it

Comment

Originally posted by naught101
                      why is everyone posting freeware?
                      this isn't about freeware

Arv: I'm a PC user, if you were refering to me. mac's branding andeconomic policies scare me.

and if you want a good list of OPEN SOURCE software, where better to find it than the opensource encyclopedia?
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tware_packages < all software
                      although there appears to be a stupid amount of freeware creeping in to that list as well..

ned
                      That was directed to emptyful but somehow you sneaked on in between .
                      I am a PC user as well , mainly windoze with linux always around either as a dual/triple boot or/and as a virtual machine . I don't exactly worship Richard Stallman but I know the difference between Open Source and freeware
                      But most people here are on the lookout for software they can work with not the philosophy behind it , sketchboard for instance is not something you can use for work and since we are not a community of programmers the availability of the sourcecode is not really going to excite us . But you are right , to maintain the integrity of the thread and the forum which aims to be a ready resource , we should split the thread into open source and freeware . So here is where we very gently nudge the moderators to do the needful .

PS While we are at it , does GNU and Open source share the same thread ?

Comment

Hi all just take it easy.

I surprised when you talked about Richard Stallman. Because, I thought all of you guys are Architects or Designers. So, Richard Stallman is like from the other planet

If you want to get a list of real Open source architecture software then you can get only few right now. (Maybe because it is impossible to develop powerful CAD software for free)

Check it out here:
                        http://www.sourceforge.net
                        http://www.opengl.org/products/platform/C5/

By the way, I think you don't need to split this thread because sometime Open Source can turn out to be freeware and vise versa. It will confuse users.

Comment

Yes ...

...there is a distingo but at the the end for the user it's very simple!
                          You must pay something or not
                          Rest is sex's angel discussion :rolleyes:
                          Last edited by Frenchy Pilou; 22-03-2006, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by arv
                            That was directed to emptyful but somehow you sneaked on in between .
                            I am a PC user as well , mainly windoze with linux always around either as a dual/triple boot or/and as a virtual machine . I don't exactly worship Richard Stallman but I know the difference between Open Source and freeware
                            But most people here are on the lookout for software they can work with not the philosophy behind it , sketchboard for instance is not something you can use for work and since we are not a community of programmers the availability of the sourcecode is not really going to excite us . But you are right , to maintain the integrity of the thread and the forum which aims to be a ready resource , we should split the thread into open source and freeware . So here is where we very gently nudge the moderators to do the needful .

PS While we are at it , does GNU and Open source share the same thread ?
                            I tend to disagree arv, I don't think the thread should be split. I think that making the distinction is good enough. I do agree that we are "on the lookout for software they can work with and not the philosophy behind it" and that is why it should not be split.

I like the idea of "open source" but free is free unless you know how to program.

Comment

Another indiscretion , another non open-source , non architecture software ( unless Richard using word makes it a legitimate CAD software )
                              Thinkfree
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SWANK-E; 26-04-2006, 10:49.

Comment

Return...

...to see Thinkfree victim of his success

Now that works
                                Last edited by Frenchy Pilou; 05-04-2007, 12:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X