X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Concert Ever

I haven't been much of a concert, gig, festivile kind of guy. Sure I've been to a pub where they have a live band, but I didn't go for that band, I went for the pub.

However, on the 20th of Movember, I will be attending Jason Mraz's acoustic tour with Toca Rivera at the Sydney Opera House!! I am so excited on two occassions. 1/ Never been do the Opera House, and 2/ I'M SEEING JASON MRAZ AND TOCA RIVERA LIVE!!!!!

I finished TAFe for the year on the 16th as well, so this is a nice reward for sticking it out

seen some crackin gigs over the years, ones like oasis (at their peak) when your in the middle of the pit jumping about going mental, then as i've got older enjoying them & others like take that (wife made me go...honest) where i've been seated, thankfully for the likes of take that, it was beside the bar

ps you'll look well with the tash lol
    Last edited by Dingario; 03-11-2011, 16:12. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by Dingario View Post
      seen some crackin gigs over the years, ones like oasis (at their peak) when your in the middle of the pit jumping about going mental, then as i've got older enjoying them & others like take that (wife made me go...honest) where i've been seated, thankfully for the likes of take that, it was beside the bar

ps you'll look well with the tash lol
      I've noticed some spelling mistakes in my original post, guess I was too excited about spelling and proper wording haha.

Don't think there will be a pit at this concert, but I've got a pretty good seat according to the seating plan. I'm elevated, on the side, pretty much directly to the side of the platform, at the front. There were tickets 8-10 row back infront of the stage but that would suck for me because I am a short-a$$ and would not see a thing haha.

Yeah the tash will be coming along nicely for it, I'll have a shave that morning. And by shave I mean removing any traces of beard and leaving my mo to bask in it's glory

Comment

Not quite my first gig but I've managed to get two tickets for the Stone Roses reunion next year at Heaton Park and I'm very excited.

Dingario being a northern lad from Manchester I've seen live Oasis more times than I can remember, you always new that you were going to get a great gig. Just mind the flying pints of suspect liquid when your in the middle of that pit.

The Prodigy can certainly get a crowd going and also seeing Kasabian for the first time blew me away, one of the best gigs I've been to.
        Last edited by Paul P; 03-11-2011, 22:41.

Comment

Oh dude!! Want to catch for a beer at the before hand? Might be able to grab andrew (awa)!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            Oh dude!! Want to catch for a beer at the before hand? Might be able to grab andrew (awa)!
            That'd be pretty cool if we could organise something

Comment

20th should be doable. I owe Richard lunch.

First real gig was the Oils at the Horden. Diesel and Dust Tour in 86. Probably hasn't been topped.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul P View Post
                Not quite my first gig but I've managed to get two tickets for the Stone Roses reunion next year at Heaton Park and I'm very excited.

Dingario being a northern lad from Manchester I've seen live Oasis more times than I can remember, you always new that you were going to get a great gig. Just mind the flying pints of suspect liquid when your in the middle of that pit.

The Prodigy can certainly get a crowd going and also seeing Kasabian for the first time blew me away, one of the best gigs I've been to.

nnnooooooooooooooooooooo stone roses :(
                couldnt get near a computer or ticket for the life of me, hoping to still grab a ticket somehow/somewhere
                yeah seen them nearly everytime they've been to or near northern ireland & once in cork with the prodigy supporting them....one mental mental gig.
                as you say paul there's pints flying everywhere & i'm sure it's not beer.

Comment

My first big gig was The Police at the Sydney showground!

Though one of my first simply live gigs - INXS before they became a world wide success. 60 people in a small pub! Brilliant.

We saw them a few times later at the local leagues club, the last they had achieved some success and the crwod was huge. We were all 19 and on holidays at xmas so when they announced they were touring up the coast 6 of us decided we would head on a road trip next day for a week. Silly as we were at 19 took only our boards, wetsuits, boardies, one set of clothes for day, one for night and a towel! Board covers would end up our sleeping bags.

First night was spent sleeping on our towels on the grass at the beach at Foster, next night woke on a park bench in port macquarie outside the police station to discover I had thrown up on myself in the middle of the night and after I did a Nudie run rolling a keg down the main street - quick swim clothed to clean off the vomit and on the road! Then next night at Coffs we cracked some accommodation - sleeping on the floor in the isle of a caravan!

We caught INXS each night before the final night in lismore in a crowd of about 80. Michael Hutchings noted us front stage again 5th night in a row - can over and shook hands and then the rest of the band did the same. Then someone on the other end of the stage front held up a joint, he took it had a tot and then bought it over to us! That night I think they got so primed, they ended up doing four encores and with the last came out just in their underwear! That night we drove back to Byron and broke into a saw mill and slept on the saw dust pile BAD MOVE!

Next morning driving through main street Byron the mate we couldn't find (no mobiles then) and left behind in Port macquaire finally caught up with us! Very pissed off and more pissed off when we had told him about the night before!! Should have been there dude!

I'm so glad I never did a roadie like that again!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqsZTcGjR4

this is what the concert will be like. Jason and Toca, acoustic guitar and djembe. This is where he is best at, his acoustic, intimate performances are 10-folds better than the big flashy, drums/second/third guitar/saxophones/keyboard concerts he does. To each their own I guess, but i am really looking forward to this.

I apologise if it's against rules to post youtube links

Comment

I'm thinking of going to see mogwai in shanghai on the 28th; that would be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas View Post
                        I'm thinking of going to see mogwai in shanghai on the 28th; that would be amazing!
                        Mogwai are incredible.

Comment

If they are like the stars I wouldn't mind...

Hence the trip- I need to see them!

Comment

Originally posted by superjim View Post
                            Mogwai are incredible.
                            F..k me sideways! They are almost literally incredible. I've not heard anything like them since Ed Kuepper and they barely have to say a word. Actually this is the new, new, new Jazz. Thanks for putting that on me Nicholas. Now I have another bloody obsession.
                            Last edited by simon seasons; 18-11-2011, 14:20.

Comment

again, not the first ever i went to..but was at noel gallagher the other night.....crackin gig...even threw in a few oasis numbers...#liveforever

Comment

Working...
                              X