Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would add some words but, I could only add the English. Like most other ignorant Americans I'm a single language type.

Comment

Originally posted by MICHEL
      me too.... Can someone please convert back this file to xls? Thx
      I posted the file as a csv file as it is universally understood and is not a proprietary format like excel . For those interested in free exchange of ideas and information I suggest the following link. I would suggest to post each update as an excel as well as a text file (comma delimited or tab delimited ) I was guilty of not reflecting the fomat in the name . LINK

Comment

We could use the native open office format. It's an open format and it keeps all the formatting the original file had. Plus it supports all the characters well. ASCII format doesn't.

Comment

OPen Office is free but not universally understood unless you install OO which not everyone would be keen on installing . Can xml retain formatting and serve as a platform for a multilingual collaborative document ?

Comment

Yes, I should have thought that paid office packages wouldn't support it.
            xml retains all the format except for lock cells (the ones on top with the languages), but it takes like 6 times the space and a considerable time to save.

Comment

Michel,

*.csv is "Comma Separated Values" (comma delimited)
              CSV is usually used for database conversions.

I posted the Excel xls file first. Apparently Ryo and Pedro used the csv file instead of the xls. I just posted the csv version because it had been posted by ARV. Thanks ARV.

I agree that we should keep working the file in the xls format, but it does not hurt to have the same file in an additional format. We just need to use the xls files as the originals to edit and save.

Francisco
              Last edited by franjayo; 04-01-2006, 01:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian T
                I would add some words but, I could only add the English. Like most other ignorant Americans I'm a single language type.
                But Brian, please do it... other country members will translate the english words...

Comment

What about "castor"... client who builds by himself. Dangerous species.

Comment

Ryo and Pedro,

I think would be easier if you use the xls file I posted v20 and make the changes to it, then repost the xls file versions 21 & 22.

Look in the end of the long list of changes I suggested. Just before the CSV I posted.

The problem is that you used the CSV to make changes and it does not take the special characters that excel does. Maybe it's better deleting CSV's to avoid cofusion. If anyone needs a CSV I can send it.
                    Last edited by franjayo; 04-01-2006, 15:42.

Comment

• BTW what would be the difference between Lane, Drive, Street, Road?
                      Thew dictionary says they are basicaly all roads...

Comment

• Originally posted by primocordara
                        BTW what would be the difference between Lane, Drive, Street, Road?
                        Thew dictionary says they are basicaly all roads...
                        It's a way of diferentiate places in the endless suburban sprawl when they don't have enough names for roads.

Comment

• I would say in the UK at least....

Lane - often implies has a destination at the end of it. (often in the countryside but not always) - originally not built upon ??

Drive - implies not primarily a pedestrian route.

Road - also implies to and from a destination. connects places.

Street - implies it has built form along it. From late Latin str?ta, paved road - .connects people.

try this:

http://www.answers.com/topic/street

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotrats
                            I would say in the UK at least....

Lane - often implies has a destination at the end of it. (often in the countryside but not always) - originally not built upon ??
                            Generally means something narrow single vehicle & does not mean its paved/tarmacoften connects farms
                            TRACK same as lane but not paved

Drive - implies not primarily a pedestrian route.
                            Generally private more often used as the vehicle access to a house
                            I've doctored the above with my thoughts

Comment

• Tss tss tss guys, please, don't forget to post the modified xls file! Thank you!

Comment

• Thanks guys, the Oxford is very unclear:
                                For example...
                                Lane:
                                1. a narrow road esp. in a rural area
                                2. a street in a urban area

Drive: a street or road

Street:
                                A urban road...!

Road:
                                A way esp. for vehicles... conects one place to another...
                                Last edited by primocordara; 18-01-2006, 19:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X