Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RB2 (recycled building two) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got all the gal sheet up and now making the vents for the top of the pitch underside.
    That last shot shows the test piece in position. Once all the real vents are made and up, I then have to go around and screw all the sheet edges up. I decided against painting it as the texture of the old gal is beautiful and as I've managed to avoid large gaps around the edges I haven't decided what sort of cover strip to use if any.

    Attachment


    Attachment


    Attachment


    Attachment
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • My trusty salvage yard man had heaps of this perfect trim in hardwood, and he gave me 60m for christmas.
      Absolutely loving the galvanised corrosions. Reminds me of stars and the milky way.


      Attachment


      Attachment
      Attached Files
      Last edited by simon seasons; 15-12-2011, 07:12.

      Comment


      • Got two thirds done.
        Looks great as framed pieces of corrosion art, and the curve is very subtle but when you see it it's quite serene.
        Detail of the vents at the top of the pitch and the sequence of heavy timber edge balancing the roof to wall transition and enabling me to finish the smaller trim butted against it.


        Attachment


        Attachment


        Attachment


        Attachment
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • May I assume the cable for the lights is temporary prior to resolving the proper detail?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nicholas View Post
            May I assume the cable for the lights is temporary prior to resolving the proper detail?
            I wanted it to run above the rafters such that it would be mostly hidden by now, but the electrician had run it there by the time I got home. Too late to change it.

            Comment


            • You can't leave it there!

              Comment


              • Solution Simon to the rescue!

                Yeah mate, you need your creative mind around Nic's observation! Oh and grab the sparky for group growling!

                Comment


                • I simply can't afford to have him back fixing up mistakes. I feel it's in keeping with the habit of Aussie electricians to just run wires along the bottom edge of beams on verandas wired up after the fact all over Australia, in which case this case of blatant wiring lends an authentic cache to the renovation. What else can I do?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by simon seasons View Post
                    I simply can't afford to have him back fixing up mistakes. I feel it's in keeping with the habit of Aussie electricians to just run wires along the bottom edge of beams on verandas wired up after the fact all over Australia, in which case this case of blatant wiring lends an authentic cache to the renovation. What else can I do?
                    Just put it in some conduit painted black.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by awa View Post
                      Just put it in some conduit painted black.
                      You're Kidding ?

                      Comment


                      • All done now. I made a little 'moustache' in the corner to take up the gap caused by curving up the ends.


                        Attachment


                        Attachment


                        Attachment
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • Just some closeups of the textures and trimming joins. I am currently sitting under it with a beer and very much enjoying these little details and deep, deep patterning.


                          Attachment


                          Attachment


                          Attachment


                          Attachment
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by simon seasons View Post
                            You're Kidding ?
                            no.

                            http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/sh...l=1#post187465

                            Comment


                            • Yeah that one!!! I just want to find a suitable apartment to renovate to reproduce that detail!!!

                              Simon you may find some old metal conduit and strip it back! or maybe thin wall gal pipe under the beam (if these could go though the columns - even butted in shallow and cable running through the post only, mate you need to do something! Mate when you sell it will be one of those things the next realises on inspection as something that needs doing!

                              Maybe even a trenched out timber bead matching the beam width and say 3/4" deep!
                              Last edited by Richard; 19-12-2011, 01:51.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Richard View Post
                                Yeah that one!!! I just want to find a suitable apartment to renovate to reproduce that detail!!!

                                Simon you may find some old metal conduit and strip it back! or maybe thin wall gal pipe under the beam (if these could go though the columns - even butted in shallow and cable running through the post only, mate you need to do something! Mate when you sell it will be one of those things the next realises on inspection as something that needs doing!

                                Maybe even a trenched out timber bead matching the beam width and say 3/4" deep!

                                That won't work in this situation, I am still amazed that with all of the care and discussions about lining and trimming this has been overlooked. Coordination.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X