Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last shot with the flood lamp on.

Attachment

And another inside showing the kitchen area from the new lounge/office.

Attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by simon seasons; 20-10-2011, 11:15.

Comment

• Sorry. Not last one but still I find views I hadn't envisaged before, so I photograph them and let you appreciate what I can see. Well, can see when the walkway deck is done and the dinner deck too, and the gabion walled garden bed. It will be awesome I heartily promise.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
      Attached Files
      Last edited by simon seasons; 21-10-2011, 14:50.

Comment

• Oh dear, getting carried away.

But these images show a lot of the intimacy I am trying to achieve.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
        Attached Files
        Last edited by simon seasons; 30-10-2011, 08:51.

Comment

• Finally got the 'dinner deck' done. It's a great platform to hang out the washing on too and my daughter commented that it was virtually a stage. I'm going to put up a cyclone mesh roof so that white sheets can be hung above it for shade while eating lunch arounbd a table or mossie nets if one wanted to sleep out overnight. In effect it's a true 'Tabula Rasa'. A do what you will space that is so easy to reach from all sides. The louvres are yet to go up on the fire pit side, which I will fix so as to let morning sun in, and which will delineate a large broad timber seat by the fire.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

I also got the rafters up on the walkway roof. Tomorrow I'll try and get the bracing and battens on and then return to the walkway deck.

Attachment

Attachment
          Attached Files
          Last edited by simon seasons; 30-10-2011, 09:00.

Comment

• That deck looks like a very nice place to enjoy a red wine or two after a hard day at Goods Shed North... how did you go??

Comment

• WOE!!!! DUDE!!!

#706 / 1 The money shot!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shy View Post
                That deck looks like a very nice place to enjoy a red wine or two after a hard day at Goods Shed North... how did you go??
                It's a really great place to sit. I'm serious about the Tabula Rasa effect too. I perceive that term architecturally as the blank slate of a platform ready as the stage for something to happen, less so the commonly understood idea of a site cleared ready for the imposition of a new creation. Usually a space is made to perform a function or several functions, and that's about it. I have done this in envisaging a seat and a dining area and somewhere to hang the laundry, but I didn't realise how open it is to anything at all actually happening there including the staging of small plays and sleeping overnight, it's even big enough for a small game of handball and underneath it is my 8yo's giant cubby house. Once the louvre goes on it'll become a place of intimate conversations and expansive dreaming. It's truly a blank slate to draw anything upon. The other thing it reminds me of is the traditional Samoan Fale but you won't see that till the 'roof' goes on.

My wife and I really enjoyed a coffee this morning on it and one can see the Pangerang ranges beyond a high line of giant Redgums along the creek. (My wood rack blocks a bit of the view but mostly blocks a shite fence) We'll try out red wine on it tomorrow.

It went very well at the Goods Shed, thank you [MENTION=52990]shy[/MENTION]. I have been recommended to the board and I await my insurance to be processed, after which I get my Registered Building Practitioners number and can actually truly tell people I am a building designer, and charge proper money for my skills, and have a real job.
                Last edited by simon seasons; 30-10-2011, 11:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  WOE!!!! DUDE!!!

#706 / 1 The money shot!!!!!!
                  Thanks [MENTION=139]Richard[/MENTION] gotta say I adore that louvre too. I'm looking forward to the other two louvres going in and the whole space vaguely/really being defined.

Comment

• Very good to hear regarding your registration... congratulations.

Mmmm... deck... wine... stage... performance. Sounds like a probable progression!

Comment

• Originally posted by shy View Post
                      Very good to hear regarding your registration... congratulations.

Mmmm... deck... wine... stage... performance. Sounds like a probable progression!
                      Same to you Shy. I understand you went through your interview just before me. Congratulations too. Isn't it grand?

PS [MENTION=52990]shy[/MENTION]. Where did you study?
                      Last edited by simon seasons; 30-10-2011, 12:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by simon seasons View Post
                        Same to you Shy. I understand you went through your interview just before me. Congratulations too. Isn't it grand?
                        Thanks... very happy it's done & dusted & so nice to have that bit of paper. Can't remember ever being so nervous, perhaps I'm too old for exams! I'm currently enjoying working for a busy local building designer so I may not use my registration for a while. It must be exciting for you to be setting your own path, although from the looks of this forum, you've been doing that for a while anyway.

Studied at Wodonga Tafe... after you, before Richo by the looks!
                        Last edited by shy; 30-10-2011, 12:23.

Comment

• Had a dinner party last night and both decks and fire pit all got used in succession through the night. Worked fabulously and we had about 12 all up at it's peak around the 'table' for the BBQ dinner which was really a low bench filled with salads and meats with people eating off their laps. Excellant ambiance way into the wee hours. (This image a mob were away having an after dinner smoke and the others were taken when everyone had gone home)

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by simon seasons; 01-11-2011, 04:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by simon seasons View Post
                            image 4 of this post #717 is my money shot, could be downtown Kyoto! and it made me realise that I don't like the shiny corrugated tin. Could you paint that to make it a bit more wabi-sabi dull?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looking great Simon, great textures, visually interesting, playing of the planes/levels. Very skillful execution - you'd have to be proud!
                              And congrats on the registration

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by tdmc View Post
                                Looking great Simon, great textures, visually interesting, playing of the planes/levels. Very skillful execution - you'd have to be proud!
                                And congrats on the registration

Cheers
                                Thanks very much Tufan. Judging by the number of photos I put up you'd have to say I was a bit proud!

It's a great feeling being acknowledged by a government body as legit, thanks you for that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X