X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A school using old wine warehouses

hi all. this is the final draws i delivered for my teachers of a work i have show here before when i was in the midle of it (u can fint it here).

So in short for this work i had 3 old buildings (that are the top 3 in the first draw) and lots of empty old warehouses to "adapt" to a professional school of "traditional arts and crafts" (i have no idea about this translation...lol).the 3 top buildings are the most important ones and every thing done in them would have to be very well justified.Of this buildings the one in the midle was an old wine warehouse with still the "cubas" (its where u store the wine) on it.

my main ideia for this work was making the floor 0 public and with acess to the school buildings that could have some interest for the general public like the library, auditorium etc...i did this cause i wanted to creat a good public space for people, a thing that this zone doest have and that i though it was a flaw.the rest of the school was a in the second floor suspended in pilars. i also used 2 of the top 3buildings to put rooms for admistration and teachers.

as for the presentation, the plants could be much better but i didnt had much time to work due to laptop problems in the last 2 weeks...But the thing i am most proud are the views and sections planes. they are 100% sketchup and they work perfect with all the shadows and details!!my teachers really liked the draws telling that the draw was much more expression like this (wich compensates all the trouble, stress and panic i went trough to end this work) and i did all the possible details in sketchup (thats also the reason why the model ended a 27mg beast....).all critics are welcome

top plant
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vOid; 05-03-2010, 19:31. Reason: fixing link

the floor 0 plant

a very open space marked by pilars and other kind of pilars that continue the structure of the roof to the floor and are going be used to suport the ramps that give acess to the floor up. theres also acessto the bar,library,mediateca (place to see movies and stuff),greenhouse and auditorium.
    Attached Files

Comment

the floor 1 plant

the school have a "U" shape with acess by stars in the conections of the "U" shape. each leg of this shape have 2 classroms each conected to a tool roms,a computer rooms, a theorical room and a pratical room.the conection for this 2 legs have a fifth class rom, wcs, 1st floos library and mediateca.
      Attached Files

Comment

the side views

in here we can see the old architecture style used in the old buildings and the conection between thhe new project.
        Attached Files

Comment

section planes 1
          here we can see a cut by the auditorium, by the libray and bythe class rooms.i wish u could see the full draw cause with this size its hard to see all the details.
          Attached Files

Comment

section planes 2
            Attached Files

Comment

the entrance and and front views
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DacaD; 22-01-2006, 02:12.

Comment

other views from the same spot
                Attached Files

Comment

views from the other side
                  Attached Files

Comment

the ramps and a interior view of the building that had "cubas" to keep wine (i keept the ones in the midle and "blew up" the wall conected to the other warehouses and using glass on that wall (to have more light and make the building more inviting)
                    Attached Files

Comment

library
                      Attached Files

Comment

mediateca
                        Attached Files

Comment

auditorium
                          Attached Files

Comment

the greenhouse
                            Attached Files

Comment

well for now this is all.im really happy to see that skethcup can handle draws on its own (without help of other 2d drafting softwares) and the final result beeing surprising good=). @Last Software lolol

i alrealy present this work to a jury, and i was very very nervous (first time presenting to a jury...i even cant remenber every thing i said lolol) but in the end they liked it(specially the simple style with lines from skethcup).

i did a 2 minute video for this presentation but its 78megas wmv file.if someone knows a way to make it small i can post it in here. all critics are welcome =)

and i have a zip with the full A4 book in powerpoint explaining everything (but in portuguese) withs lots of pics of the projeted that it werent posted here.i can also post the model (its a really big) if someone wants to see it, or the original jpegs with the side and section views if someone wats to see it with all the details (the original are in a A0 paper)

Hugzzz

Comment

Working...
                              X