X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas competition “architecture pavilion competition”

Hi there this was another competition that we made, but doesn't give anything :S.... the winner was http://www.arhitekton.net/1700/arhit...ard02/?lang=en

Project - ideas competition “architecture pavilion competition”
    Location - Belgrade
    Type of Project - architecture pavilion
    Design Parameters - draw a temporary pavilion for architecture exhibition
    Design Approach -
    What is architecture?
    What it should be?
    "The architecture is not exactly silent. It is rather a conversation in a low voice. There are ideas, but the real effort is to make them invisible "
    Fernando Távora (portuguese architect)
    Mies van der Rhoe says, "less is more", in the way that the true essence of architecture is to create spaces where the inhabited space can be transformed and organized in the most sublime way.
    One of the purposes of the present competition was to create an exposition pavilion in the framework of which a small space for sitting arrangements should be defined.
    As there is no specific reference to the type of exposition and the place where the pavilion will be inserted, we take as the main idea the possibility of gamely with the shape of the building and to promote a continuous and linear path through it, independently the place where it will be.
    Formally, the pavilion will consist basically by two main planes (walls) in order to delineate a fluid and dynamic path. This route could be seen as a natural continuity of an existent path where the pavilion will be inserted.
    Materials
    The premise of the contest was the use of materials KINGSPAN brand like sandwich panels. In order to accomplish this premise, and in order to make the transportation and the adaptability of the pavilion, it was decided to made the base floor of the pavilion in concrete where the whole structure of the pavilion will be attached. The wall plans would be in translucent panels type KINGSPAN WALL LITE, color OPAL. The choose for these kind of panels was due to several factors, such as by its transparency, making uncover what's inside, but not entirely, creating the desire and the expectation of what lies behind that panels. The other factor that was taken into account was the creation of an interior space that does not need artificial light during the day. The transparency of the panels allows the constant natural lighting during the day.
    For the roof/cover, and to minimize its formal aspect it was applied a lightweight structure for attaching the roof panels, type KINGSPAN TOPDECK ref. KS1000 TD with overall thickness of 72mm. Through this way it was possible to manage a roof/cover with a maximum thickness of 120mm.
    Light
    As a premise of the competition, the light shall be an important factor in the pavilion.
    For this project it was chosen a dissimulated solution in the walls of the pavilion (wall in panels type KINGSPAN WALL LITE, color OPAL) making use of a mixture of LEDs with RGB controls at the bottom and top of the walls. Through this solution it would be illuminate the entire space of the pavilion in a regular and continuous way. At the same time it is possible to create a scenic effect through the color changes making possible the creation of different environments.
    Drawings - going next
    Tools/Programs- Archicad 15; Cinema 4D R13 and VRAYforC4D

more in http://www.numa.pt/_c_arch_pav.html (at the button the submission panels)

hope again some comments and critics
    best regards
    nuno
    Attached Files

here goes some more photos from the competition
    best regards
    nuno
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I can't read any of the text as its too small - even with expanding up to 400%

can you provide the spec?

Comment

Hi there ReD...
        what text? in the drawings?
        I can upload in pdf
        best regards
        nuno

Comment

yes on the drawings - pdf would be better

thanks

Comment

here goes a jpg with better resolution
            best regards
            nuno

by the way, at the button of this page http://www.numa.pt/_c_arch_pav.html you can see the submission panels with more definition ;-)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by matossilva; 19-07-2012, 18:10.

Comment

spec notes are still not readable - on both the jpeg & link

I have a suspicion that I'd need a magnifying glass to read the actual full size drawings

Comment

Hi there ReD
                that's strange because I upload with quality and I confirm now that they lost quality...:S
                I upload in jpg because the pdf as 12mb:S
                I'll try in another way
                best regards
                nuno

Comment

Hi There Red.... I edit the post with pdf drawings
                  let me know if that's ok now
                  best regards
                  nuno

Comment

much better thanks

I haven't seen these wall panels from kingspan before - very interesting

Love the people graphics

As regards design it appears a bit limited dimensionally & I wonder how you can move people along your prescribed path route

wall displays are hindered by the tight curves but projecting images onto the walls could prove interesting

Comment

Originally posted by ReD View Post
                      much better thanks

I haven't seen these wall panels from kingspan before - very interesting

Love the people graphics

As regards design it appears a bit limited dimensionally & I wonder how you can move people along your prescribed path route

wall displays are hindered by the tight curves but projecting images onto the walls could prove interesting
                      It may be wishful thinking to think that people will circulate in the manner of the blue arrows? Would some type of slight geometry change at the entrance set the visitors on a different path--that is, if you insist or if the exhibit insists that they follow the arrowed paths.

Comment

Yeah i agree with red and timehead above. I think its just assumptions that they will move along the paths that you have highlighted by those arrows.. there must be something to guide them along. and its not necessary by walls.
                        And in addition...what will be going on in the pavilion? i mean what is the purpose of your pavilion? will it be showcasing some thing ? In my opinion if you consider these little things and put it up in your pavilion it will make your project more interesting.

Comment

what will be going on in the pavilion? program?

Comment

Timhead03 and Zohaa, no it's not intend that people follow the blue arrows. this is only a suggestion. For example if you put this pavilion on a square, why to go strait a head if you have something to see on the back of this walls?... it's only a suggestion path if people don't want to go by the pavilion, that's ok!!!
                            about the program, they don't define any program for the pavilion. I assume this construction for a sculpture contemplation only..
                            best regards
                            nuno

Comment

circulation may not necessarily work in your concept. I am not sure about the context but possibly raise the platform to the horizon. The internal image to the exterior garden is impressive. nice presentation

Comment

Working...
                              X