Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Furniture House #1, Shigeru Ban

Hello pushpullers,

inspired by Michel's latest creations, I decided to make a model of the Furniture House #1, by Shigeru Ban. The model is almost done, but I realize there's some information missing to finish the work. So I need your help.
    If you can't remember, this is the house:
    Attached Files

Interior:
    Attached Files

Comment

I need your help to clarify two things. Check the plan:

1. This furniture units are made from OSB panels, but I'm not sure what's the finishing of the back. Is it also OSB or some white material to match the exterior of the house?

2. This corner have a metalic support for the roof, but I don't know the purpose of the element with a circle in the middle. Anybody knows what it is?

Thanks in advance
      Attached Files

Comment

let me check my GA Houses - Japan which has that in it.

Comment

Thanks, all images in my books and in the internet are from the same angle...

Comment

Fabio! Good luck!

Comment

ok, we need some japanese translation takesh regarding the materials for exterior
              Attached Files

Comment

it's the 6th line down for those who would like to attempt translation.

Comment

Originally posted by SWANK-E
                  it's the 6th line down for those who would like to attempt translation.
                  How do I get this into my dashboard???

Comment

it won't help you, i can understand the characters individually, but together with those numbers and alphabets, i can't make sense of them. japanese construction terminology.

from what i gathered by looking at photos, its' vertical cypress boards
                    Last edited by SWANK-E; 31-01-2006, 17:42.

Comment

Thanks Kevin

I posted the model HERE, so if anyone have more info feel free to correct it or point me and I'll do it. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by SWANK-E
                        ok, we need some japanese translation takesh regarding the materials for exterior
                        It says that exterior material is
                        Pine 12mm OS(Oil Stain)
                        FB 8mm VP (Vinyl Paint)
                        I think the back side of furniture is structurally pine, finished with VP treated FB.
                        FB stands for FiberBoard as in MDF(Medium Density Fiberboard), and they come in different densities.

digdoi, are you sure that circular element is in reality has a shape like the one in your model? I don't see it in pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by takesh h
                          digdoi, are you sure that circular element is in reality has a shape like the one in your model? I don't see it in pictures...
                          Check this close-up:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by digdoi
                            Check this close-up:
                            I see. First of all, three vertical rods are together carring vertical loads and connecting elements are like hoops, I think. Ban often divides a column into more slender elements like these. What's that plate with a hole? I don't know. Anything that holds three rods together will do the job, it could be any form. In this case, looks like he made it into the holder of something.

Comment

Hello there people.
                              (sorry if the right procedure to post this question must be in a new topic...and also sorry for my poor english)
                              I´m searching for the Wall-less house of Shigeru Ban, can you give me some information? Or maybe the Naked House. I have searched on my university and city libraries but there is no more information than 3 or 4 pages for this projects.

If you guys have some, i will be very please. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X