X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Over Several Lots

For my last tafe project, it's a rather large redevelopment of pre-used railway land. The overall development site is approx 9.2ha, however my certain block is around 5,000m2. It's all un-used land, with the only existing buildings is old railway station and goods shed, to be retained.

My question is, how do I determine the property address/number? My site has 3 seperate parcels (shown on the land.vic website), however the lots would also run onto other sites, roads, public parks.

Would council somewhat combine all the lots in the entire development, map out the roads and public space, then subdivide the land according and give new lot numbers?

This also will be handy to know since I want to come up with a marketing name for the development, and want to incorporate the number of the site, however it's unknown. So if anyone knows the process, it would be great. Spent better part of the morning googling but couldn't find anything.

Its an open question there mate! The land should have a lot and DP (deposited plan) number. If the development is to be built over common lot boundaries they will need to be consolidated and new DP created. This may well then create the lot as lot 1 in DPxxxxx! It could also be that the buildings may not be over the bounds and then the original lot numbers retained.

Comment

Bear in mind that although the local authority allocates the parcel number, the street address is normally determined by the Post Office.

Comment

The manager of strategic planning, Darren Rudd on the council (who studied new urbanism in America) was very helpful when I did this project Richo. You should give him a call and ask for an appointment.

Comment

Working...
        X