Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris+Biarritz 'must see's'

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend are going on holiday to France next week for ten days. We're visiting Paris for two days before getting the TGV to Biarritz.

Does anyone have any suggestions of architectural must see's?I'll be limited to srchitectural site-seeing as I don't want to bore my girlfriend too much:rolleyes:, so I'd like to make sure what I do get to see is worth it. If anyone who has been before has any suggestions please?

Also do you think its worth visiting the museum in Bilbao since we're fairly close.

Thanks a mill!

Go Bilbao Dude ! And of course, use your girlfriend as a scale model in the pics...

Comment

My personal highlights from a trip to paris a few years ago were the The Fondation Cartier and the L'Institut du Monde Arabe both by jean nouvel.
      Attached Files

Comment

I wonder if the "Cité du Surf et de L'ócean" by Steven Holl is really being built...

Comment

To my surprise, Eiffel Tower was refreshingly beautiful. It's nothing but a work of genius.
          As a bonus, it's not that difficult to get your girlfriend's consensus to go there I'm sure.

L'Institut du Monde Arabe was one of my highlights in Paris too.
          Attached Files

Comment

I loved the Musee D'orsay
            Attached Files

Comment

Plus that one Swank-E posted a few months back- near the Notre Dame cathedral- hang on- I'll find the link...

Comment

http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8278

this one!

Comment

Ross, be careful not to run around Paris trying to see everything in 2 days. I made that mistake. Remember there will always be more trips to paris. (for engagment maybe!) Enjoy it. From the sound of your plans, I hope your girlfriend is an archtiect too!

Comment

...no but she's a very creative person (where's that partners poll gone :rolleyes I think I can maybe get away with Centre Pompidou, L'Institut du Monde Arabe(maybe), Tour d'Eifel, and that memorial. And then I'm sure we can day trip out to Bilbao by bus to check out why I don't like any of Gehry's work I'll be sure to take lots of photos and post them when I'm back. Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

Carreful : Centre Pompidou is closed Tuesday!
                      Cool view from the top, and malicious people said that is the only place where you can't see the Centre Pompidou

Comment

I remember a very nice sunday morning in Versalles, with the fountains turned on and a concert in the park. Hard to squeeze it in a 2 day visit though.

Comment

Favourite museum in Paris,

My favourite is definately the ORSAY, friend of mine went to the the Musée de l'Armée in the Les Invalides. Looks interesting if youre a military / hitory buff.

Comment

My favorite in Paris is the Musee Picasso by Roland Simonet. I shall be posting that as a travel thread some time in the future.

Comment

the Musee Picasso by Roland Simonet.
                              Roland Simounet 1927-1996
                              (Musée Picasso Hôtel Salé by Roland Simounet )
                              Last edited by Frenchy Pilou; 10-07-2008, 13:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X