X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Fresnoy - Bernard Tcshumi

Not far from my school, i take some photos to supplement section of the excellent website EMU (http://www.umemagazine.com/), it is always interesting to look at building a few years after its construction.

It is sometimes far from the ideal aspect of photo realistic views of the project (not this time ).

Bye

Bernard Tschumi
    (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Bernard Tschumi (born January 25, 1944 Lausanne, Switzerland) is an architect, writer, and educator, commonly associated with deconstructivism. Born of French and Swiss parentage, he works and lives in New York and Paris. He studied in Paris and at ETH in Zurich, where he received his degree in architecture in 1969. Tschumi has taught at Portsmouth Polytechnic in Portsmouth, UK, the Architectural Association in London, the Institute for Architecture and Urban Studies in New York, Princeton University, the Cooper Union in New York and Columbia University where he was Dean of the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation from 1988 to 2003. Tschumi is a permanent U.S. resident.

Conceived for new art forms of the twenty-first century, Bernard Tschumi's Le Fresnoy, the National Studio for Contemporary Arts in Tourcoing, France, is part experimental art laboratory, part multimedia production center, part school, part cinema and exhibition and performance space. This highly celebrated building defies categorization, encouraging crossovers between architectural programs and art forms. A huge, technologically advanced roof covers both existing and recent construction, housing the renovated spaces of a former entertainment complex built in the 1920s. In Tschumi's remarkable building, the "in between" or residual spaces located between the existing tiled roofs and the new, hovering steel structure punctuated by glass "clouds" becomes a place where artists can take cover.

http://www.archined.nl/oem/reportage.../fresnoy1.html
    http://www.tschumi.com/
    Attached Files

more views
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

last
        Attached Files

Comment

Thread moved to the Architectural Travel section.

Please julienb, i urge you to first have a good read of the Info Box section regarding the Posting Guidelines + Requirements as well as seeing the exact examples of previous threads in each of the forums prior to posting any other new threads!

Please also edit this thread and your posts to suit the Travel forum format.

Comment

Thank you for pictures, I looking for them

Comment

Working...
            X