X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa Redo...

So a couple of you know and I'm sure most don't I will be making my way back to South Africa next week. This time I am going to be staying a while. Officially I am coming over on a tourist visa but am hopeful that once I am there that I will be able to gain a temporary residence visa. My move is personal but one that I am very excited about. Anyhow, I hope that as time goes by I will have a chance to maybe meet a few more of your SA PPB'ers while there.

I will be staying/living in the Durban area... so if you are going to be in or around give me a heads up and lets meet for a pint or 5 :-D

Did a lion take your leg last time and you are seeking revenge?

Good luck wiz! Mate I truly love to hear of people upping roots and planting elsewhere, sometimes touching on envy.

Go and grab it mate!!

Please though don't give miss to the ppBAR, the drinks are none alcholic but we love it when it's your round!

Comment

That's awesome Wizum! All the best for your move, Durban is neat I'm sure you will enjoy it there....if you're ever up in Joburg we can grab a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        Did a lion take your leg last time and you are seeking revenge?
        It was a Tiger.

Have a great time Wiz

Comment

Howzit!
          If you're passing through Joburg let me know!

Comment

Hey guys... sorry for slow reply. I've been hectic trying to get all my crap ready for my move to SA. I fly out this Friday and still have a bunch of stuff to do before leaving. Least of which is getting my dog ready to fly ove with me (talk about a pain in the ass...)

I fly into Joburg on Saturday but of course don't have much of a lay-over before I jump on a plane to Durban. I will be up in Joburg the following week to pick up my dog as I am having to have her fly the week after me because of the timing of required test results, etc. So, possible we could arrange something for a little Joburg PPB meetup for a beer?

Anyhow, chat soon and hopefully will get a chance to meet a few of you in the coming months.

Cheers...

Comment

Fly out tomorrow... very stoked!!!

It is funny little you can fit into 4 suitecases LOL But, that is what consitutes the "stuff" that is in my life now...

Comment

Originally posted by wizum View Post
                Fly out tomorrow... very stoked!!!.
                Best of luck and see you once you have joined the Southern Hemisphere.
                Next time you are online I expect to see the South African flag!

Comment

Originally posted by SWANK-E View Post
                  Best of luck and see you once you have joined the Southern Hemisphere.
                  Next time you are online I expect to see the South African flag!
                  SA flag... Check!

Comment

Arrived in Durban this last weekend. The weather is nice and warm and I took my first dip in the Indian Ocean yesterday. It's nice to be here and I'm looking forwared to what the future holds. Heading up to Joburg Wednesday to fetch my dog as she arrives via cargo flight from the States. Not sure if I will have time to meetup with anyone in Joburg but I will let you guys know if I can...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wizum View Post
                        It is funny little you can fit into 4 suitecases LOL But, that is what consitutes the "stuff" that is in my life now...
                        I always loved the feeling of looking at my life in a couple of suitcases... I even miss it, for my life no longer fits into "a couple of suitcases".
                        Scott, show us some good pics from SA!

Comment

Good luck with the move- sounds like a very exciting and beautiful place. Post some images and thoughts soon!

Comment

Fantastic I like this too.
                            Good luck in your new home, Africa is an amazing place...

Comment

Thanks guys... As soon as i get my computer up and running again I will post some shots. If you are really interested you can see a few I took late last year from my flickr set...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wizum/s...7628303635663/

Comment

Working...
                              X