X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips on choosing the right master course

Hello! After a year of working in a practice and a gap year I decided to apply for Masters degree. (since I had a BA from UK) I have been admitted in the 3 unis I chose but I am still not sure which university balances on course quality/ university staff/ employment opportunities etc. The universities are TU Delft, Aarhus University and Umea university in Sweden. TU Delft has a good reputation, although I am not sure about the quality of studies since they have a lot of student each year. Another plus is that they have some good urban studios that I am interested in. Aarhus on the other side, has a decent reputation as well and is quite innovative in new methods of teaching and hands on workshops. On their program I liked the Constructing an archive studio, involved in photography and alternative methods of site analysis. Last but not least, Umea is a brand new university. There is not much about it on the web and I am struggling to get more info on the program. After the interview I got the idea that it is more on interventions in the city, which is what I did the last year in urban intervention groups I worked with. Does anyone have any tips, or information on any of the courses or universities in general?

Nobody? Really? Are there any other websites or forums I can get more info?

Comment

Aarhaus partners with UTS here in Sydney. From what I understand, the Aarhaus studio culture is really strong because the students are 100% government funded. They spend 9-5 at there desk working together communally, which makes for a great experience. I have heard anecdotally that Aarhaus will teach you how to create beautifully, how to craft, but it lacks in strategy and that is why Terroir Architects have been brought in. http://www.terroir.com.au/articles/c...erclass-aarhus Everyone at my uni in Sydney dreams of a semester abroad at TU Delft though. I have never heard of Umea beyond what has been mentioned hear on PPB. http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/sh...p?14680-Hello!
      Last edited by AgentVlin; 18-12-2012, 01:51.

Comment

thanks a lot!!!!

Comment

Thanks for this forum.

Comment

So which one did you ended up choosing?

I've been doing a lot of browsing recently on master programs especially in Europe. While Scandinavian schools such as Royal Danish, Arkitektskolen Aarhus and AHO caught my attention, I don't think I would be comfortable with the idea of being in a school that offers only half/some of its classes in english and the other being in foreign language I can't choose to be part of.

TU Delft is unfortunately the only one in the Netherlands...

ETH Zurich has very good reputation but I'm not sure if it's entirely run in english?

I came across this, less famous but less expensive and pretty decent-looking program by University of Liechtenstein

Comment

Please guide me, I have done my MBA and now I want to do some minor architecture course. Please guide me which course will be beneficial for me. I want to work with my grand pa. He is owner of a small construction company.
              aged care queensland
              Glenvale Supported Living
              182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
              Phone : +61 1300 765 051
              http://www.glenvalesupportedliving.com.au/
              Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.
              Last edited by Barry23; 12-07-2013, 13:40. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by senov View Post
                So which one did you ended up choosing?

I've been doing a lot of browsing recently on master programs especially in Europe. While Scandinavian schools such as Royal Danish, Arkitektskolen Aarhus and AHO caught my attention, I don't think I would be comfortable with the idea of being in a school that offers only half/some of its classes in english and the other being in foreign language I can't choose to be part of.

TU Delft is unfortunately the only one in the Netherlands...

ETH Zurich has very good reputation but I'm not sure if it's entirely run in english?

I came across this, less famous but less expensive and pretty decent-looking program by University of Liechtenstein
                Looked into ETH Zurich for Masters', I'm pretty sure it used to be in english at one point, but is now entirely in german.

While the scandinavian teachings may vary, I'm pretty sure that they tend to run parallell courses depending on whether they're either 'native' or english rather than mixing, but perhaps that's becoming less and less feasible now that non-EU students are no longer sponsored.

Comment

Working...
                X